The 2019 racing season is approaching quickly and we would like to give a you a quick update before we start our 38th season of racing.
Please check and update all of your personal details when completing your 2019 membership. Membership cards will be issued at the test weekend.
An order of club clothing is being put together, and will be placed after the test weekend. This can include personalised clothing. Get your thinking caps on and let us know what you want!
After 3 successful years, our agreement with GreenThumb has come to an end. We thank them for their support and wish them all the best for the future
TEST & TASTE WEEKEND
The 2019 test & taste weekend will take place over the weekend of April 13th/14th at Brindle Distillery, near Preston (same venue as last year). It’s a great opportunity to test your self and see how you measure up against the competition.
Alongside the normal test weekend, we are holding a taster event for non-members who want to try lawn mower racing. To make the event work we need your help with the following:
1. Promoting the event. Please spread the word far and wide! A poster is attached, which can be emailed to anyone.
2. Prospective racers will register through a Facebook event, and then be sent the event details.
3. As discussed at the AGM, we need all members to donate their mowers for the prospective racers to have a go.
4. We need helmets and gloves. Please search through your old kit, and bring it along. Obviously, it needs to be in serviceable condition and be fit for purpose. The club will provide balaclavas for use inside helmets.
5. What do you have for sale (race ready mowers, or just parts)? The first question that anyone who is keen asks is where can I buy one… This isn’t meant to be an opportunity to offload useless parts. It’s a chance to give someone keen a helping hand with something useful that will help them with their build.
6. Please let Daz Whitehead know what you can offer in respect of helmets, gloves, and for sale.
See you in a couple of weeks!